Saturday 11 September 2010

Fail on Pic Noir

Some time ago, i've decided to try myself in the Noir style picture composing. First of all, i think it was a failure for me, but i was able to start it, at least for one picture.
The main idea for me in the Pic Noir was to create, compose 2 color pictures which has the unique "feeling" of the old school american press pictures (or like the style of SinCity). So something, what i never tried before. The main idea was to:
1. Create soft, BW picture.
2. Play with the exposure, to have the skin and the background a "Burned Out" effect.

Well, during a festival i had a chance to capture nice genre moments from the people. But because that festival was mostly a concert photo event for me, i had to do all the work at home, sadly on PS.
And the result. Well, it seems nice, but i'm sure, i have a lot of things to learn in Pic Noir.
Ohh, and the picture. It was taken, when I've seen a couple and a girl walking from the camp, to the stage area.
They were far away, and they were little bit embarrassed  because i was on my knees, finger on the shutter, and waiting to get closer  enough to capture.
At home, ive played with the colours because BW was not an option for this. But i think this pic looks ok. (I know, won't be on a cover of a magazine, but i really like it)

No comments:

Post a Comment