Saturday 18 September 2010

Chaos Festival

As time passes by, finally I got my first (temp) press pass. Thanks for the Radio Rockvilag who asked me to be there. The event was quite extraordinary for me, because this was the first time when i was able to take pictures in a real concert hall. With normal light conditions, etc. (And special thanks for Emese Mandi who was the offical photographer of the festival, and who gave me some basic advices about the lighting.)
So i was there, my second time in the front-stage, with my D90.
Soon, i realized to be a concert photographer not just simply means that to stand there, and make a point-and shoot.
During the first 2 concerts I've learned how the lights are working, and tried to use them. It was more difficult for me than I can tell. There were orange, and red. A lot of them. And it was not easy to move to a location before the stage where I can see the band, but the reds are not burning, and where the orange does not highlights the smoke (yes, there was a lot of it on the stage) and hides the band's members.
And than, I had to see my childhoods band on the stage. A lot of people behind me, and some security guards in the front. It was a pressure. But when I lifted my camera and looked into the viewfinder, everything was all right.
I have to admit. There is a huge difference between a small pub and a concert hall's lightning equipment. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment