Tuesday 7 September 2010

The beginning

Hi everyone!
This would be my first post on this blog. The reason, is for this blog to have somekind of online visibility for my pictures. Hope i will get several valuable suggestions to improve my skills on my hobby.

So let's start the fun part. :)
On last Saturday i was lucky to attend on a hungarian festival, the SeptemberFest. It was a free-to-attend festival, I was really afraid because i just got my new DSLR camera, and i planned to use it. The weather was quite cloudy,  light rain. So i was there and the concerts were about to start. Luckily none of the band took their own photographers (maybe they don't have any) and it was easy to get contact with them. The main problem was the StageMaster, who declared that I must not step to the stage, nor into the reserved part at the front of the stage. So it would be quite funny to stand in the rain, and make photos from the performances.
But thanks to Péter Schrott (lead singer of the band Tuzmadar) we were able to negotiate and finally i was able to start shooting.

During the concert it was really difficult to maintain the correct exposure, because of the (almost)unknown camera, and the FireDancers. They just appered on the stage, and start dancing with the flaming stuff. It was amazing.
But at least, i was able to shoot some good pic from the lady:
Lady with Flames
Of course, she was not the main topic of the concert, "just" an element of the show. But sometimes I forget to press the shutter, because i was just lost in her performance. :)
I think this was the photo of that day, for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment