Saturday 8 October 2011

To Be....... Means....

To be an artist means you have a way to express yourself. You stick to the essence of something, and you have a tool to show it.
To be a photographer means you have a view of looking to things. Those things can be anything. A flower, a landscape, a vase, a building or a nice bowl with food. You have a vision, and you want to show it.
You can be anything. a mom, boyfriend, a best man, a landlord, a plumber, a doctor. And you can be a photographer too. I'm (If i can reference myself as this) an IT engineer. And sometimes i grab my gear, and try to be the man with the Nikon.
Today I started to create a page for my "Photography". As I started to select my pictures i've found out something. Even if I try to show my vision in different ways, if i'm experimenting, my pictures usually the same. Good, someone say, but the same.
For me it's always difficult to get the "best of" selection on photo-shoots. It's like you have to show your very best to someone, who does not know you, but will judge you at your first try. No matter how hard that night was, no matter how difficult the conditions were while you held that camera, you'll be judged at the first picture you show.
And to get back. I made approx 15000+ pictures in the last 2 years. Mostly on concert events. And I'm still make my best pictures with the eye of a fan of the band. I can't change that. Trying to get the mood, the sweet moments of the event. (even if it's a killing feeling metal band plays with a lead singer who looks like a devil).
And now, i can tell, that I have a vision. I have a way to show how would i feel on that concert. It's really hard to keep the passion, and the good mood. But if i loose it, I will finish the night with, let's say 25 maybe good pictures. I remember, I had an event where i ended up with 200+ "Wow" like images. And it was because I felt good. Not because the music. Not because the band was super famous. Just because they were able to create a mood, and i could freeze it in 12M pixels...
I have to say. I'm not a photographer. Nor an artist. I'm just guy who records feelings with a camera. Yes. My pictures are the same. Only the subject and the angle, and the focal point, the exposure, the colors, the DOF differs. The passion (the bands, and mine) is always the same....

No comments:

Post a Comment