Wednesday 26 October 2011

Happy Birthday for me in advance. :)

Yes, I'm just about to get elder. Usually i don't really like birthdays, You know, the party, the presents, etc.
Ok, i'm kidding. So i don't really like birthdays, because of the counter increases. Now it's gonna be 31. Strange.
Well, this year I decided to invest a little to my hobby. (It's sounds better if i say it was a present than telling that I bought new stuff for something i don't get any money back from it, but i spend quite a lot time with it, with questionable results :) )
So as I've read the photography is about light. How You use light, and what do you do with it.
As mainly I'm a concert photographer (still hobbist :) ) I don't have any control on lights. It's already there. So instead set up the light as I would like them, I have to adapt it to my pictures. Good light, no light, red light. Any light. I have to say i don't really know anything about light setup. (Yes, I've read a lot about basic light setups, but i never had a chance to try them.)
Now it will change.
Let me Introduce my new toys. (from Mikrosat)
The first one is a simple set. Nothing fancy, a tripod an umbrella holder, and a flash-bulb.
The Second one is the real traveler pack. Few months ago i've decided to create a beauty dish, because it seen to be easy. Everything was ok, except the mounting to anything. Than i saw this:

Basically it's an Octobox - Umbrella designed for flashguns. Since i have a quite "flashy" Nissin, i decided to get this one too, with an additional tripod. (As i count, currently i have now 2 tripods for flash, 2 for camera, and one monopod at home. Seems a bit too much? :) )
Oh, yes. And the real thing. How this works? Well, the 1st test pictures seems to be nice.:)
set to BW+Vignetting effect in Lightroom. 
I will try to learn now... So Lights, Camera, Action..... Shooot!
(Images of products are taken from Mikrosat's webpage. See details above)

No comments:

Post a Comment