Saturday 3 March 2012

Rapid Shooting

One of my friend asked me yesterday, if I would have some time to make some pictures about his friend for some web contest. It was Friday afternoon, and i knew that i would have 2 hours free on the weekend. So i said yes.
The only thing i knew that the subject of the photos would be a girl who will wearing a corset, and she wants outdoor pictures. We fixed the time for 2:30 PM, and the location, the nearby ruins of an amphitheatrum. 
So Today i started my ritual, which i always do before the session: dismantle the gear i will use, clean every part of it one by one, and assemble it again, put it back to my camera bag. It usually takes 30 minutes, and helps me to clear my mind. I take my Nikon, the new battery grip, an 50mm 1,8 lens, the 17-105mm kit lens. A flashgun, the Aurora Firelfy, a home made sync cable (with a length of 6m cat5 cable) a car window shade (silver) for reflector and a 1l Coke.
We spend approx 1 hour taking the photos in the direct sunlight (was bad idea i have to admit) and the cool wind.
The results? Well, You tell me. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment