Sunday 8 January 2012

Workshop.

It was the end of 2012. I got an opportunity to attend on a Basic Studio light workshop.
Do you know what that means? Well. Pack together a few photographers. Let's say you are in the middle of the experience level in the group.
Grab a "teacher".
Some light stands, stobes, background, nice girls and let it roll.
Well. I have to admit, the last time when i was in a photo studio, i was approx 5 yrs old, and the kindergarten made the traditional Look how my daughter/son grew up.
That was my last experience.
the tutor told us a lot of things. But 1 sentence grab my attention:
,, The funniest thing in studio lightning is the following: It's damn easy". I've added a few things:
- I've read a lot about how to setup, what to do, why, how to measure, how to calculate........ andsooooooon.
Funny thing. All of us has an extremely important and precise light meter. Our eyes. Put that light here, see the result. Grab this light, and put over there. See. Adjust. Looks good, take a photo. Basically that's all the magic. ( ok i know it far more complex. But you have to admit. If you never tried, you would be as terrified about the studio lights, the setup, the equipment, etc as i was.)
1 day. 6 hours. Result? I feel the i will be able to handle the strobes, and light modifiers just enough to make a band photo, or a nice "profile" picture. And what is more important. I will have the confidence in myself about this. So that will also create a big chance to success. If you as low on budget as me about photography. (I admit it. its a passion for me.) you can still try yourself out in a studio. in Hungary you can rent one with some equipment and backgrounds for 10 euros/hour. Ask a friend, or bring your loved one. And shoot.
Can't be difficult. So for new year, that's the plan. (I've added this to the "Sell 1 photo" whislist)




No comments:

Post a Comment